Some of my favourite stories are ones that creep me out and send a chill down my spine. When I was a kid there weren’t many authors who wrote horror stories or ghost stories. R.L. Stine’s books were about the creepiest I could find and he’s still writing them today.
If you like horror stories, ghost stories or stories about the supernatural there are now lots of authors who write these stories. My favourite seriously spooky authors are:
- Will Hill – Department 19 and Department 19: The Rising
- Barry Hutchison – Invisible Fiends, The Bone House
- Derek Landy - Skulduggery Pleasant
- Joseph Delaney – The Spook’s Apprentice
- Darren Shan – Zom-B, The Saga of Darren Shan, The Demonata
I also have to add Michelle Harrison, even though she writes all sorts of books. Her recent book, Unrest is one of the creepiest books for kids or teens that I’ve ever read and I highly recommend it!
Who are your favourite spooky authors or spooky books?