Take the SLIME TEST and find out.
- Have you ever wondered where ideas come from and how stories are made?
- Would you like to know the true stories behind some of Andy and Terry’s books and characters?
- Would you like to discover 45 great ways to have fun with words and pictures?
SCORE: If you answered YES to any of these questions, then this is definitely the right book for you! If you answered NO to all of these questions then you are an IDIOT and this is DEFINITELY the right book for you!
Once Upon a Slime is a must-have book for young writers and fans of Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton. The book is crammed full of ideas from Andy and Terry’s books to get you writing and have fun while doing it. There are heaps of examples of the crazy, stupid and disgusting stories from Andy and Terry’s books, along with 45 writing and storytelling activities. They give you ideas for writing lists, instructions, cartoons, letters, personal stories, poems and pocket books. You can have a go at:
- Designing your own crazy machine
- Draw something exploding
- Make an ‘I hate’ list
- Write a list of scary things
- Make the unbelievable believable
- Write your own time wasting cartoon
The book is aimed at kids so it’s easy to read and great to dip in and out of. It’s also a great resource for teachers as there are heaps of great writing ideas that are quick and fun ways to get kid’s imaginations flowing.
I tried using some of the activities on the Christchurch Kids Blog last week as a school holiday activity and got some really cool writing from the kids. Check out their Andy Griffiths Writing Challenge samples and why not try them yourself.
Grab a copy of Once Upon a Slime from your library or bookshop now and let your imagination run wild!
Here’s a video of Andy Griffiths talking about the book and trying some of his own writing activities: